98.7FM – WNLC
Cash Cow Promotion
Contest Name: The WNLC Cash Cow Giveaway (the “Contest”) Station: 98.7 WNLC (the “Station”) Station Address: 40 Cuprak Rd, Norwich, CT 06360 Telephone: 860.887.3511 Hall Communications, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively referred to herein as the “Company”), will conduct the giveaways substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees to the specific rules, terms and conditions described below. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER AND PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE PARTICIPATING IN EACH MANNER OF ENTRY DESCRIBED BELOW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SEE OFFICIAL GENERAL CONTEST RULES FOR OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO THE GIVEAWAY.
- Description Participation.
A. Dates of Giveaways: The Cash Cow Promotion will begin on Monday, April 3rd, 2017 and continue thru Friday, May 5th, 2017.
B. How to Enter: On Monday, April 3rd, 2017 through Thursday, May 4th, 2017, the Station 98.7 WNLC will play a special “cue” to call. When listeners hear the “cue” they will call the contest line at 860-383-1171. WNLC will take caller 7, 8, and 9 to qualify for the Cash Cow Giveaway. Contestants may qualify as many times as they can get through weekdays between 8am and 5pm.
C. How to Play: Every weekday beginning Thursday, April 6th, 2017 thru Friday, May 6th, 2017, the Station will announce “on the air” a participant name drawn randomly from the list of qualifiers around 8am, 12 noon and 4pm. If a participant’s first and last name is announced, such participant must call into the Station’s contest line at 860-383-1171 within 15 minutes
- Description of Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) will be between $100 and $500 issued by check. Winners must be present to win. No substitution or duplicate prizes will be awarded. All prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Prize checks will be ready for pickup 7 to 10 days after the prize is won. Winners will be notified by phone when the prize is ready for pickup. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older as determined by the Company and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA) as defined by Nielsen. The Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. The winner of a 98.7 WNLC-FM contests (and members of his/her household) is ineligible to win another WNLC-FM contest/ for 30 days after winning a WNLC-FM contest. After such 30 day period has expired, the winner (and members of his/her household) is eligible to win another WNLC-FM contest. Employees of the Company, participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the “immediate family” of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.
- Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, faulty, mis-transcribed, misdirected, or misdialed telephone communications, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. Only calls to the designated telephone number will be eligible to win. For all Contests, the Company disclaims all liability, and is not responsible for, any delays, misbeliever, loss, misplacement, or other failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including, without limitation: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the giveaways.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company and Sweepstakes sponsors exclusive permission to use their names, biographical data, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses for broadcast and promotional purposes during and after the Sweepstakes, without any further obligation to the participant, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
- Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GIVEAWAY, ALL PARTICIPANTS AND WINNERS AGREE THAT HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC., WNLC-FM, THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS AND AFFLIATES, AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, STOCKHOLDERS, INSURERS, EMPLOYEES AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES AND SPONSORS SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR DAMAGES, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST/SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZES. IN CONSIDERATION OF PARTICIPATION IN A CONTEST/SWEEPSTAKES, AND FOR OTHER GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, THE RECEIPT AND SUFFICIENCY OF WHICH ARE HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGED, THE PARTICIPANT, ON PARTICIPANT’S BEHALF, AND ON BEHALF OF PARTICIPANT’S HEIRS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, ADMINISTRATORS AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, DOES HEREBY COVENANT NOT TO SUE, FULLY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE (i) WNLC-FM/Classic Hits 98.7, (ii) Hall Radio Group AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECT AND INDIRECT SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS AND RELATED ENTITIES, (iv) EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INSURERS, ATTORNEYS, SHAREHOLDERS AND REPRESENTATIVES, AND (v) EACH PREDECESSOR, SUCCESSOR, AND ASSIGN THEREOF, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ACTIONS, CHARGES, CLAIMS, LOSSES, COSTS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FESS AND EXPENSES) AND LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, IN CONNECTION WITH, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST/SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WNLC-FM Cash Cow Contest.
- Compliance with Laws/Taxes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company during any 1 year period will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. The station reserves the right at any time to change the Sweepstakes rules without notification.
- Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. Winners must present social security number at time of claiming prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without notification. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the giveaways.
- A copy of these rules are available by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to 98.7 WNLC 40 Cuprak Road, Norwich, CT 06360 attn: Cash Cow Contest Rules. Rules are also posted at www.wnlc.com.
- ALL WNLC-FM management decisions are final. Rules can be updated and changed by WNLC-FM management at any time and without notice.